3 Recipes that you can make or take to any holiday gathering!
PREP TIME: 3 min; Chill 3 hours; Makes 8 svgs.
1 box sugar free strawberry jello
450g applesauce (2 cups)
16 oz fresca, diet 7up, diet sprite, diet ginger ale, lemon lime Zevia, etc.
Squeeze the juice from two oranges into a mixing bowl. Stir in jello until dissolved.
Warm up applesauce in the microwave and mix in warm applesauce and diet soda.
Pour into a 8×8 dish and chill in fridge until firm.
MACROS PER SERVING: 0.5P/0F/8C (34 CAL); Adapted from Kate Lyman Nutrition
Turkey Sausage & Sweet Potato Casserole
Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 50 minutes; Total: 1 hr; Makes 8 servings
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, diced (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- 16 oz turkey sausage (precooked or uncooked both work)
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese of choice
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
1. Chop your vegetables (sweet potatoes, mushroom, onion and red pepper).
Preheat large skillet over medium high heat and start cooking sweet potatoes with olive oil, butter or coconut oil.
2. If your turkey sausage is not precooked, cook it. Preheat a large skillet over a medium flame. Heat cooking oil and add turkey sausage (remove caseings if necessary).
3. In large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, condensed milk, cheese and spices. In separate mixing bowl, mix cooked vegetables and turkey sausage.
4. Once turkey sausage and and vegetables have cooled, combine with eggs, milk and cheese mixture.
5. Grease 9×13 casserole pan and pour combined mixture into pan, making sure to spread all ingredients out evenly.
6. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Can make ahead of time as well by covering uncooked casserole and placing in the freezer!
MACROS PER SERVING: 25P/18F/25C ; Adapted from Bucket List
Mini Apple Pies
Prep time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 22 minutes; Makes 4 servings
- 300 grams (about 3 medium apples) apples, cored and diced
- 140 grams Unsweetened appesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 grams (1 tsp) Vanilla
- 6 grams (1.5 tsp) Cinnamon
- 2 grams (1.5 tsp) Nutmeg
- 2 grams (1/2 tsp) Allspice
- 2 grams (1/2 tsp) Salt
- 40 grams (4 servings, 2T each) Fat Free Cool Whip
- 20 grams Toasted Pecans
- Keebler Ready Crust Minis, pack of 4
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add apples, applesauce, vanilla and spices to mixing bowl and combine using a wooden spoon, until apples are evenly coated.
3.Transfer mixture to a medium saucepan and simmer over low heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently. Add more water as needed. (The mixture should be somewhat thick, but add water to deglaze the pan if apples begin to stick.) Cook until apples begin to break down, right before they become mushy.
4. Evenly distribute apple mixture between 4 mini pie crusts. Place crusts on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Top with 10 grams (about 2T) of Fat Free Cool Whip, a dash of cinnamon and 5 grams of toasted pecans.
MACROS PER SERVING: 2P/8F/35C; Adapted from KLN