3 Recipes that you can make or take to any holiday gathering!
PREP TIME: 3 min; Chill 3 hours; Makes 8 svgs.
1 box sugar free strawberry jello
450g applesauce (2 cups)
16 oz fresca, diet 7up, diet sprite, diet ginger ale, lemon lime Zevia, etc.
Squeeze the juice from two oranges into a mixing bowl. Stir in jello until dissolved.
Warm up applesauce in the microwave and mix in warm applesauce and diet soda.
Pour into a 8×8 dish and chill in fridge until firm.
MACROS PER SERVING: 0.5P/0F/8C (34 CAL); Adapted from Kate Lyman Nutrition
Turkey Sausage & Sweet Potato Casserole
Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 50 minutes; Total: 1 hr; Makes 8 servings
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, diced (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- 16 oz turkey sausage (precooked or uncooked both work)
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese of choice
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Mini Apple Pies
- 300 grams (about 3 medium apples) apples, cored and diced
- 140 grams Unsweetened appesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 grams (1 tsp) Vanilla
- 6 grams (1.5 tsp) Cinnamon
- 2 grams (1.5 tsp) Nutmeg
- 2 grams (1/2 tsp) Allspice
- 2 grams (1/2 tsp) Salt
- 40 grams (4 servings, 2T each) Fat Free Cool Whip
- 20 grams Toasted Pecans
- Keebler Ready Crust Minis, pack of 4